View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #22
Weekend Hack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Questions about the IR

For those that have participated in and completed this rally I have a few questions.

I was wondering how easy and cost of hiring race support and an estimated cost for average service. It seams like riders from an area put together a team and hire support trucks, as I am American it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to put together such an effort. I looks like the IR website recommends VYPE as a service provider, has anyone used them and how what can I expect?

This is perhaps more for the race management but will they have this rally if the Dakar Rally returns to Africa? I don't want to put a ton of effort into setting up a campaign if the race is going to fold.

I understand that there are race and adventure divisions so my riding ability would not limit my entry but I am wondering how competitive the race division is? I see from previous posts in this thread that others have entered GS1200ADV in the race division so their must be a broad range of bikes.

I am sorry if this seams like a lot of questions but its a big undertaking. I am sure there are more things i am not thinking of so If anyone has any anything they would like to share about their experiences I would enjoy hearing about it.
Weekend Hack is offline   Reply With Quote