View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #64
ignatz72 OP
call me iggy

Oddometer: 626
You'll have to wait for Les_Garten to speak to the Tailblazer issue, I'm not running one. Les got the 100HD, which should allow for wiring in the turn signal circuits somehow (but it wouldn't be required since he's going w/ a Kisan relay). I would have gone with the 20W-D bulb replacement option if I still had the stock taillight reflector and bulb housing. I suppose I could integrate a 100HD with my LED Taillight replacement (Les_Garten is going to do this with his Beacon II), to provide modulation there, but I have enough modulation with the Lite-Blazer and the Kisan Brake-Flash features.

As to the extra heat that the left rear bulb might see due to the exhaust pipe - I don't argue that the left will probably be a few degrees warmer than the right, but I think the effect will be negligible. In the worst of the summer where I live, it can be 100 degrees or more, so the left signal might be 105? Instead of 40,000 hours on that bulb, I might get 30,000? I can live with that. Using this example, a 40,000 hour bulb would light CONTINUOUSLY for 4.5 years. 30,000 equals 3.4 years. Either way, neither bulb should need replacing for a long time. Incandescents are usually shown with 1,000 or a few thousand hours life.

I'd be more worried about an LED bulb in the Parking Light socket in the Headlight Lens, temps in there are pretty high with no airflow... in fact, superbrightleds.com specifically does not recommend LEDs for Headlight lens applications.

I hope your packages get there soon, Les, I'm dying to see your results!

ignatz72 screwed with this post 01-24-2012 at 04:54 PM
ignatz72 is offline   Reply With Quote