View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #41
scrambler73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter650 View Post
Ask yourself this, if oil-injection is so great why didn't yz,cr,kx,rm,it,pe, i could keep going but you get the idea come with it.

WEIGHT... and the fact that MX bikes have their necks wrung most of the time= RACEBIKE

A racebikes engine lives in a much narrower RPM range than a streetbike, so jetting for premix with a engine that mostly lives between 10 and 14k is optimum.

On a streetbike who's engine live's between 2k and 12K depending.. With Premix, you will either be over-oiling when ridden mellow, or potentically even under-oiling if you are not running a rich enough oil mix (say 80 or 100 to 1).

Most oil injection systems are "Variable Rate", delivering more oil as your throttle is opened and RPM's increase.

And a 2 stroke street bike is ANYTHING BUT a lazy man's bike. You are always putzing with something....
And funny, of the 50 or so 2 stroke street bikes Ive owned, I cant remember putzing with oil injection pumps other than initial set-up after building an engine? Maybe I (and millions of others) have just been lucky.

scrambler73 screwed with this post 01-26-2012 at 02:06 PM
scrambler73 is offline   Reply With Quote