View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #98
TaterHarry
Redneck Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimie View Post
My question is... does the collective think that I'd achieve the same results with the standard exhaust sans insert?

-Simon
If you pull the dB killer (insert) out you will have essentially a straight pipe, assuming the cat has already been removed. It will definitely breathe easier, but it will be loud as heck. The Arrow will probably be the same, but with a little weight loss; the stock Husky pipe (also made by Arrow I believe) has a stainless steel inner shell in addition to the aluminum shell; most folks believe the purpose is add some heat protection since there is a hot catalytic converter nearby (until you remove it anyway), but it does add some weight.

I had the same issue with the dB killer on my 2010 muffler (choking), but couldn't stand the noise with the insert removed. I ended up buying a FMF Q4 and am much happier with the tone, which isn't as sharp on the ears, and don't feel any performance loss. Very glad I went that way. The stock and Arrow race mufflers are too loud for trail work IMO.

(edit) - If anyone wants my dB killer or and/or stock muffler (2010 Arrow), PM me

TaterHarry screwed with this post 01-27-2012 at 09:28 AM
TaterHarry is offline   Reply With Quote