View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #73
markas OP
Small-time Explorer

Oddometer: 318
It had been a long time till our last ride and i started to feel a bit on the edge. Its not that the weather was bad, i still wore my T-shirts you know, just that we couldn't get any of the grandmothers to babysit the kids for a whole day. Finally, a sunny Wednesday (8 December) the granny's finally accepted to keep the kids for the next Sunday.
Well, whatever the weather we ride, i can't take it any more inside the house. And who else to take than my mate yns and whoever else is willing.
Convincing yns to come with us proved to be a tougher challenge than usual.
Why?
Well, when yns checked the net for the weather forecast, he found this:

Well, as it seems we will get hell in form of rains and snow during Saturday and Sunday.

But, a few days later its Friday and it is STILL sunny and i am STILL wearing T-shirts and almost think about going for a swim in the sea
Fuck weathermen, they really don't know anything about the weather, right yns?

There where even two other friends willing to come with us until Friday night when Hell broke loose!!!
Blizzard!
Snow storm over the whole Crete!
Well, each year it snows in the mountains and in rare occasions even near the sea but this... This is the worst weather change i ever remember!
The whole Saturday was spent listening to disturbing news.
All the mountain roads closed, many cars with families are stuck in the snow, problems problems problems...
The two other friends chickened out but...

markas screwed with this post 01-27-2012 at 04:14 PM
markas is offline   Reply With Quote