View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
LarryGee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Here's a few pictures of recent mods;

1) Garmin Nuvi 550 GPS. Picked it up at a very reasonable price. I like it because it is waterproof, glove friendly and inexpensive. I don't like it because it is not bluetooth compatible with my Scala, therefore can't HEAR the directional instructions through my headset. Not a big issue on the G but is an issue on the RT on long trips.

2) Roll chart by Moose. Did a few organized rides last year where they use these turn by turn "roll"ed up pieces of paper to follow a pre determined route. I'm always forgetting to reset the odometer so I inevitably wind up making the wrong turns. But, if you like doing the organized runs (and I do as long as I am following someone ) then it's a must.

Then, here's a picture of the Kenda Big Block. The Anakee II's are awesome for the street, hard packed dirt and gravel but sucked in the sand. Given that most Florida trails have a fair amount of sand, these tires made sense.

I've read a few reviews. Most seem to suggest that they are squirly at highway speeds. I didn't find that to be true. Some suggested they are squirly in tight turns. I'd have to say that I didn't test that statement. I slowed way down in tight turns. Others say that the tread life is too short. I guess I'll have to wait and see about that.

I had them out on some pretty gnarly terrain last weekend and I must say I think they handled the environment just fine.

LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote