View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #54
mydlo
Yup.

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narsisco Lopez View Post
Curious... if you go H1 vs. H4, is there gonna be any extreme OEM harness mods?
H4 is the halogen designation for the US Spec headlight (bulb type and base) and is the style the Morimoto projector housing uses so you don't have to modify the way it mounts. The H1 is the HID bulb type and projector assembly. The Sportbike Stage III Kit is on TRS website as a D2S bulb type and projector assembly. (You can't put a H1 bulb in a D2S housing much the same as you can't put a H7 bulb in a H4 housing.)

Regarding the wiring, the kit from TRS (as I understand it) will include a harness that will have all the appropriate connectors to just plug-and-play the kit with the OEM wiring - no splicing needed.

I got the shipping notification this afternoon so I'll know for sure when I get the kit later this week, but I'm hoping the only thing I have to do is take off the headlight, open it, remove the halogen bulb, insert the HID projector, re-seal the housing, pop in the bulb and plug all the connectors together and I'll have some sweet lighting! Time will tell whether I'm right or not...

Cliff Notes: (Sometimes I type too much...)
I ordered a H1 HID (projector, bulb and ballast) to fit a H4 halogen housing with a wiring harness.
2001 GasGas TXT280
mydlo is offline   Reply With Quote