View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 03:04 AM   #151
640 Armageddon
-oo-

Oddometer: 1,779
I have worked before with HDPE and PE and It depends on the geometry of the tower (the connection with the frame to be more specific). It can easily flex that much and it will produce the spring back effect. It is a good material to put on the bike, almost indestructible but difficult to work with. I would always prefer mechanical connections if I was working with it as somebody made clear before. I have welded PE with great success before but I would not do it on a Rally bike as it will be a major setback if anything goes wrong.

I am building my own nav tower at the moment, using aluminium and ss. So far it is less than one kg. As far as the vibration is concerned I would try the dampeners that the 640 Adv has from the factory. I am building also a bash plate but it is going as slow as a snail at the moment ... The plan is to check the space that I have left behind the fairing and put as many things (spares, tools etc) as I can fit in there...

As soon as everything is designed, the plan is to use wood (for the bash plate) and wood or cardboard to make a mockup of the parts and see if the geometry fits ... So far, the 3D of the bike helps a lot ...

Any comments greatly appreciated ...
Attached Images

640 Armageddon screwed with this post 02-01-2012 at 04:08 AM
640 Armageddon is online now   Reply With Quote