View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #87
jnorton1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
I went and looked at one a week or two ago. I liked the look of it with the new plastics and instruments. When I sat on it, it semed like it was a little taller than my 01 Dakar.

I bought my Dakar with 8k miles on it last Jan. I almost doubled its mileage this year. It took some money getting it road worthy after it basically sat for a few yeas. New brakes, coolant, oil, tires. air filter, fork oil, chain, and sprockets. Not all these needed done but I figured it couldn't hurt. I haven't had any issues with mine outside of taking a rock to the radiator resulting in a slow leak.

If I had the money i would buy a new one without a doubt. My brother has a KLR and whenever I hop on it i instantly feel disconnected from the bike compared to mine. Im extremely happy with mine despite being a bit heavy. I wanted something that was streetable and could still take a beating on Colorado's jeep trails. So far so good, its next test will be baja in few weeks. We will see how it handles Calamuje wash.