For the front end, I was going to keep the XR650L assembly I had installed earlier but then I found a complete minus the wheel '93 CR500 fork assembly on ebay and decided to go that route.
After I bought it I was told that the '93 stuff wasn't really that great of a setup. Oh well. It's what I have and will work fine for now. I can always change it out later if I'm not happy with the results.
To install it on the XL, I had to swap the stem for one from an '84 CR500. I just happened to have a triple assembly for an '84 CR5 lying around and the stem happened to be what was needed. Just had to machine a bushing for the lower clamp to stem interface.
After the test fitting, the frame and top motor mounts were taken to the powder coater. I also rattle canned the triple clamp assembly. Strangely enough, they came out nice.
The frame came out awesome. More pics later.