View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 06:07 AM   #64
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,437
Good Point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radianrider View Post
Good info, but others that have done the conversion report that they were unable to get the nut tight enough on the shaft to hold the sprocket tight without a washer being added.

Hoping to get the change done today. Was going to work on it this a.m., but my wife wants to go the Super Bowl Village this morning. What I saw last night was enough to make me a bit reluctant. Maybe the rain will keep the crowds down.

Good point about being able to tighten the nut, it's been a long time since I had a countershaft sprocket off that was held on that way. Put the washer outside the sprocket and thickness should not be very critical, getting something thin and hard enough not to deform (loosen over time) should then be the criteria. Keep up the good work.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote