View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #69
mydlo
Yup.

Oddometer: 56
I guess I should also update about my progress:

I got the H1 light on Thursday, but only got a 35W bulb and ballast (instead of the 50W I paid for) and I somehow managed to order an H7 harness (d'oh!). As a result, I spent a few minutes on the phone with TRS (very professional) and we're going to get everything exchanged for an H4 harness, 50W bulb and ballast, and the D2S projector. Why D2S now? Well, after talking to Nate at TRS he said the D2S housing is only SLIGHTLY larger than the H1 projector (like 1/4") and they recommend the D2S for H4 swaps (reason they recommended the H1 was because, although it is smaller it isn't THAT much smaller, is because the H1 is easier to install in an H7 housing - which they thought I had based on my harness selection).

When I asked Nate at TRS about the difference between the H1 and D2S lights, he commented that the H1 has a slightly wider beam spread than the D2S, but the D2S has a better high beam - along with some other minor light-geek specifics (something about cutoff and flicker). We'll have to compare the H1 to the D2S when I get mine and install it. Hopefully in the next couple weekends!

Regarding the parts that I did receive, they were of very good quality and the harness was very impressive. It is designed to simply plug into the stock harness (with a direct wire to the battery) and into the HID ballast. Very nicely done, but I don't think I'm going to use everything...I'll probably cut it down to make it smaller and fit the bike appropriately.

I would recommend TRS to anyone who is thinking about getting these projectors as they are very professional and knowledgeable either through email or over the phone.
2001 GasGas TXT280
mydlo is offline   Reply With Quote