View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #70
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,283
Lets ride! the text said and another one and then another one it is 50 deg in Feburary and the track was groomed so why not?

My 11 yz 125 is getting freshened up for the coming season with new piston and rings as well as fresh oil in the suspension so I opted for the 89 even though it was not totally done in my mind.

Peer pressure got to me (it's not that hard to talk me into going riding) and I loaded the bike up, I went through a mental checklist that everything was done and seemed it was.

The bike started right up and felt fine although the clutch was slipping a bit but I pulled over and adjusted the cable and seemed alright so I picked up the pace and started to do all the jumps and the bike started to feel slugish and stalled in a corner, I jump started it and took off again and headed down the long straight that has a double,double,triple,triple of which I made all of them except that last triple....motor locked up!!! faaaaak!

I never put anything in the radiator, no water, no antifreeze, NOTHING! I didn't crash it but the motor was locked up. It's free now but I have to pull the head to see what happened in there and probably will change out the clutch as well.

I'm an idiot....
pvangel is offline   Reply With Quote