View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #70
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorPeligro View Post
You just made my month.
Ok, well, that was easy.... I thought of a few other options that you might like. Off Siegler Springs there's a road called Diener that's a fun little dirt road. Diamond Dust Trail which goes off Diener must be dirt, but I can't remember for sure. Anyway, play around on those, then take 175 or Bottle Rock over toward Kelseyville. There are a lot of small roads west of Kelseyville that I'm not familiar with, but one of them, or maybe several will take you to the Old Toll Rd, or Younce Rd, which parallels 175 (the Hopland Grade). The Old Toll Rd is dirt. I think Highland Springs Rd is the one we took when we did it to get to the Old Toll Rd.

Ok, so when you get to Hopland it's all pavement on the following loop, but great roads anyway if you haven't already done them, so worth checking out if you ahve the time. Out of Hopland take Mountain House Rd to 128. 128 south to Cloverdale, through town to Dutcher Creek Rd. Take that to the Lake Sonoma Visitors center and go out Skaggs Springs - Stewarts Pt Rd. You can take that all the way to the coast and come down a very nice stretch of Hwy 1, or you can stay up on the ridge by taking Tin Barn to Hauser Bridge, seaview, and Myers Grade which brings you back to 1. Some of the best stuff in the North Bay right there....

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
lvscrvs is offline   Reply With Quote