View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 AM   #10
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
I have had Micha do some work for me on an Sr 50 scooter. He is a very talented tuner and currently hacking into a MV 1000 FI system that you can follow on his thread "What is in the shop" at the AF1 site. Lots of pro's and con's of PCV or PCIII. I tried a Bazzaz FI unit with an Auto tune oxygen probe and it worked on my 2007 then the bike went bad again so I was back to square one. Later found out it was the TPS not sending a signal.
I ended up taking my bike to Wayne Tripp @ PowerTripp performance in Birmingham,AL and he built a custom map in Tune ECU on his dyno. He had already worked on 4 KTM adventures. My 2007 runs great with his tune and it does not have any issues with fueling. He also dropped in a set of 2007 SuperDuke cams and he cost for tuning, installing the cams was $600.
I watched him tune and the biggest advantage on the KTM of Tune ECU was how much he advanced the timing in the lower RPM range. Any of the add systems such as PC or Bazzaz can't effect this.
I have a PCIII on my ZX-14 and it works great. Bike a motor and a nitrous map with a control switch and it works great. So I am not against the add on units but a good tune in the ecu has advantages on the LC8.
I would call Wayne and make the trip East! I drove to his shop from Cleveland and stayed a week touring around the state and had a great time.

I also will vote for Ken Wheeler in Deals Gap, I have been to his shop a few times and very good guy. My KLR broke down when i was in the area 5 years ago and he dropped what he was doing, repaired the bike and got me on my way. But he showed his dyno and explained his tuning practices and I would feel he would also do a good job.