View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #1542
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtbob View Post
+1 on that

They buy the GS so they can look macho (aka Humvee crowd) and be parking lot ballerina's tip toeing around.

ps R-RT does dirt roads just fine. The old R100RT with 19 front wheel was better than the current diameter.
All R-RT or other sport tourers handle the twisties and stops better...most give much better weather protection

My hat is off to the real GS rider who uses the bike off road...but from my experience that is 1% maybe 5%
Agree, Where I live it seems more and more people are discovering that fact. Watching some of the European "Adventure bike tests" I always sit there wondering WTF are they doing.

Wouldn't an ?-RT. Connie, FJR make more sense, if all you are going to do is ride on sealed back roads to pubs/coffee shops?

Been a few places riding with an RT and apart from the ring puckering moments where lack of suspension travel meets erosion rut that wasn't seen in time, it's not a problem.

Unfortunately in OZ it gets a bit hot behind all that tupperware in Summer. Maybe BMW can release a bike that has push button Tupperware ejection.

As for 130HP. Keep that for the Tourers, I think a detuned Lower down torque version would make more sense on a GS. Maybe the 130HP won't be the GS/A variant at all. They may just decide to go for some range. It's all a trick I tell ya.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten

GrahamD screwed with this post 02-10-2012 at 09:42 PM
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote