View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #22
redneckdan OP
Hold my beer & watch this

Oddometer: 577
Day 4-Tuesday

I wake up at 9am today. No drool puddle but my room mate figure he might as well not bother me in the morning. I am still feeling nauseous in the mornings but not as bad as the time I puked in my helmet.

Today was more class room instruction followed by a day at Stephen's Bridge State Launch. The guy in the center of the picture wearing shorts in John. He drove me around today because he was worried about me getting hurt riding the KLR while on pain meds.

We covered how to read the water, fishing dries, nymphs, streamers and spinners. And gennerally goofed around in the water. I waded wet since my waders didn't keep the wet stuff out any more. The cold seemed to do more than the pain meds did.

The guy in the water is Glen Blackwood. Owns Great Lakes Outfitters near Rockford, MI. He is a friend from back in my youth.

We had a fried chicken dinner at the Gates Ausable Lodge and then split up to go fish the north Branch of the Ausable River.

Tonight I was guiding two girls. Teegan and Alex.

Both girls managed to hook up with fish. Not as big as the hatchery rainbows but just as fun. This little brookie slashed at the grass hopper that alex was fishing.

I set them up with large grass hoppers with a small caddis nymph on a dropper. They could see the hopper and it didn't scare fish like a float would.