View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #23
redneckdan OP
Hold my beer & watch this

Oddometer: 576
Day 5- wednesday

Wednesday was canoeing day. The students went for a canoe trip on the upper south branch of the ausable then we met up at the canoe livery for dinner. The camp leader was worried about me injuring my knee on the canoe trip so i sat it out. I rode my KLR to the livery a little early and fished some.

The students were split into groups with instructors assigned. Alex, Ben and Christian were fishing with myself and another instructor on the Mason Tract.

Ben went with the other instructor. They rigged up with 8x and some goofy small midge pattern. I set Alex and Christian up with a 4lb tippet tied to a size 8 grasshopper with a size 12 san juan worm on a 24" 2lb dropper. Kind of a meat an potatoes approach to matching the hatch.

Both Alex and Christian tied into a few fish. As dusk settled we swapped the hopper and worm for a small Hexigenia Imitation and a sulfer emerger. Hexes were allready done for the year but it was more beleiveable than the hopper. Both kids managed to tie into several large fish on the sulfer emerger pattern.

Saw a hen and ducklings.

Alex casting to a feeding lane.

Christian working his way upstream.

Ben and the other instructor coming back. They got skunked.

Moving into postion to work a fish.

As we are leaving the parking lot of the access that night another instructor noticed my tail light was out on the KLR. Gonna have to look into that tomorrow.

My knee is not improving at all. My wife is going to make some calls tomorrow and see what we can figure out.

redneckdan screwed with this post 02-13-2012 at 08:02 PM
redneckdan is offline   Reply With Quote