View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #32
tahoeacr OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
CPRFAB,

Any plans for a carbed 950 version? I'd buy a proper foam filter like this in a heartbeat.
There are 950's in the works.

Nice work BillyD. I'm only bringing up the rear cause I'm trying to get 75mpg. I'm almost there. Yeh, that's it, really

Here is a little more info.

The element is a multi layer filter. The outer layers of foam provide optimum filtration and load-up capacity while the inner layer is made of special self extinguishing filter foam. They give the best combination for air flow, engine protection and safety. We have a race team in Baja that has competed for years. In the last Baja 1000 we were the only race bike builder to have 2 bikes in the top ten other that factory Honda. ALL of Baja is filled with silt, a filter's worst enemy, and ALL bikes down there run foam elements. NO bike runs K&N in the dirt down there. It just isn't done, and if anyone does, mostly on buggies, they are wrapped in foam. Go figure. We blast through silt that is so gnarly we disappear from sight. Foam filters are the only choice down there and the one we use is of the same type of multi layered construction with the addition of a layer of self extinguishing foam on the inside. We us Twin Air in Baja (Because it is shaped for our Hondas) and they are very similar to what ours is. Load them up with No Toil which is what is recommended and they are super tacky and wash with soap and water. (You can't squeeze these because they have a fiber reinforced skeleton cage that holds the shape)

Rottweiler filter efficiency chart:
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote