View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #26
redneckdan OP
Hold my beer & watch this

Oddometer: 577
Day 5- Thursday

I actually wake up on time today. And feel decent enough to get some break fast. I got a call at about 10am from the Dr. that they have a surgery consult for me on Monday and a surgery slot on Friday. I have to start heading back today.

I start tearing down the KLR to find the tail light problem. After striping just about every piece of plastic and the tank off...I find a broken wire right under the rear fender. I don't have the supplies or tools with me to fix it. It will have to wait until I get home.

The work with the bike caused me to miss them morning river session with the camp. Lots of disappointed kids but handing out the other half of my fly box assortment I had left seemed to help smooth things over.

Here she is all packed up to start heading home. Parked in front of the dormitory.

I took old 27 back north and crossed the mackinaw about 2pm. This is the rest area just across the bridge. It feels good to be back on my side.

I rode for a couple hours and started to get drowzy. I pulled over at Cut River Bridge and took a nap.