View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 05:47 AM   #38
LarryGee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmark View Post
Well..., I'm going to look at a 2007 G650GS with 15,000 miles for $4600. A) does this sound like a fair deal, B) Will this bike perform adequately in the dirt?

Moocho-grassi-ass!!
Fair Pricing is a moving target. It kind of depends on where you are. Certain bikes sell stronger in certain areas. My suggestion would be that the closer to NADA trade in value you can buy the bike, the better the deal. I wouldn't factor in farkels because they add very little value to the bike itself. Having said that, some farkels (like hard saddlebags and russell day longs seats) DO have some value.

Regarding performance in the environments you described, YES, she will do very well. Much of it depends on YOU and your skill level. I've seen guys take sport tourers with street tires into sand ruts and ride like it was pavement. They are just good riders. In very soft sand, you would need to think about reducing tire pressure but for fire roads, gravel, jeep trails....the G will do great!

Don't be afraid of the G's ability to handle the road. She can handle just about anything you can throw at her. Her capabilities are often underestimated.
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote