View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #34
Ferrys
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
I will reply here so everyone can have the info.

The DRZ has an Arcebis tank. Not sure but about 17 l. It's old and inflated. I had installed a rear tank, but got so many problems that I stopped in the middle of nowhere, took it out and gave it to a local. From that moment I had no problems anymore. For a few stages (liasons) I had 2 water bottles of 1,5l, just in case. I had no range issues.
The DRZ is standard with steering stabilizer and suited for my size. A rear rack and the normal bits (case covers). Since the original radiators were no that good anymore I installed an after markt oversized radiators. I also installed a temperature gauge. The only moment the motor got over heated was in Nouakchott and Dakar city..................

The rally, fully recommended. The organization is growing but it is unbeatable. For what you pay, unbelieveable. They really try hard and Jiri Vasakto, the organizer is a hero for all of us. The only thing I would change is the scoring method, vey confusing. Not a problem for me because I was not in the fight. I would also like to see Jiri in a more proactive role. He is a nice man. He needs to understand those 2 weeks he has to be "le patron", doesn't need to be nice. We will follow you Jiri.

My adivice to you and anyone is do it. Don't make plans for the future. There will be a 2013 edition. But all this is possible to one person. One person that puts lots of time and money, yes his own money, to make this happens. And to a team of volunteers. Once they get tired, that's it.
Ferrys is offline   Reply With Quote