View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #14
asilindean OP
Adrian

Oddometer: 132
Day 2 - Odessa

We decided to stay more than half a day in Odessa and have another full extra day in order to have time to visit the city in depth.
We had breakfast in a very nice cafe named Gogol Mogol, a place I remember since last year.
Breakfast: 2 omelets, 2 pancakes, water and coffee – 200 Grv
It is situated right across the house of famous writer Gogol (building which unfortunate is now abandoned). They had a nice terrace surrounded by bicycles painted in lively colours.

Gogol house, now in ruins:

After a copious breakfast we took the same tour as the day before in the morning light. This time we went down the Potemkin stairs and visited the port.

Catherine the Great

Colonnade, between
Vorontsov Palace and Mother Bridge

We had a cheap and good lunch at Europa shopping complex on vul Derybasivska where at the last floor there is a self service restaurant with view over the surrounding buildings.

Then tea for Oana and beer for me:

In the afternoon we went to Shevchenko Park which has a few interesting monuments, a under construction soccer stadium and an Oceanarium. We planed to see the dolphins :)

The show was very good and Oana enjoy it a lot. I have seen it last year, but I must admit that it has been considerably improved since. The price for 2 tickets was 180 Grv

Small family picnic

The trainers

They can walk on water

Back in the centre we discovered “Passazh” which is a very beautiful (too bad that its not restored to it’s former glory) small street, a shopping arcade, is the best-preserved example of the neo-renaissance architectural style that permeated in Odesa in the late 19th century. Its interior walls are festooned with gods, goblins, lions and nymphs. It is situated across the street from City Garden with the other exit in Place Soborna.

We celebrated our second and last evening in Odessa with a very good sashlik and vodka at Klarabara restaurant from the City Gardens.
asilindean is offline   Reply With Quote