View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #49
LarryGee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
BarkBusters, Touratech Shift Pedal & Foot Pegs

Added a few farkels today. Thought I would tell you my thoughts.

The BarkBusters went on pretty easy. The instructions were in english but the pictures to show you the details were too small and dark. I need to play with them a little more to see if I can adjust them upwards more. Problem is, there is not a lot of room to adjust before they hit the dash.

You have to remove the ABS switch housing in order to install the bar risers that come with the kit. You don't have to extend any of the cables. The kit also comes with it's own set of bar end weights.

Next up were the foot pegs. These come from Touratech and there are two models. One model retains the stock distance between footpeg and shifter. The other model moves it forward so the footpeg is closer to the shifter. I got the stock replacement. When standing on the pegs, I have to have my heel on the peg to reach the shifter. I wear a size 10 shoe. If I had to do it over again, I would get the one that moves your foot closer to the shifter. The foot peg should be in the middle of your foot when standing.

Stock -

Touratech

Finally, The shifter -- I had bent mine when I dropped it once. I was surprised at how soft the metal was. Additionally, the stock shifter toe part doesn't compress. So, if it hits the ground it bends. The Touratech toe part has a spring on it and folds in when it hits the ground.

Stock -

Touratech -

There you have it. Have fun farkeling !
LarryGee is offline   Reply With Quote