View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #103
trainman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
The Sertao has a 21" front and a 17" rear and the 650 GS has a 19" front and 17" rear. Biggest different in the two bikes is the suspension with the Sertao, it sets taller in the seat and will have a little more suspension travel off road. The tires and wheels can be a deciding factor if you what to ride the bike in rough rocky terrain, big front wheels (21") and spoke wheels are the determining factor here, but aluminum wheels have tubeless tires something else to think about. Now for me the Sertao is just one sexy looking 650 big single bike and I like it. Remember buying a BMW is buying a bike with a name, for the money you are spending there are many other bikes out there that will outperform the 650 BMW's. The question you asked about the BMW dealers sales staff, yes you can come out of the dealership more confused then before you went in is true in a lot of cases. The F650GS is a two cylinder bike, why is it called a 650 and not a 800, who knows, but I don't want to pay for a 800 with 650 decals on it, would you. Last, go set on the Sertao at the dealers showroom and when you upright the bike notice the weight, now think about picking up the bike off the ground when you fall over trail riding, now try the 650 GS, any difference.

John

trainman screwed with this post 02-21-2012 at 07:06 AM
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote