View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 05:44 AM   #2305
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giuseppe View Post

First off: Poolside (and Marketing), we all owe you a

I finally got to install my IICE Air last night, and tested it today. My bike is a stock 2005 R1200GS. I rode to lunch on the -0C setting, and then switched the jumper over to -20C for the trip home. Long story short: This thing works.

It wasn't a, "Hey, I just picked up 10 HP!" difference, but the bike definitely accelerates more strongly and smoothly, especially in the 3,000-5,000 RPM range. I also found that it's much easier to lift the front wheel in first gear!

I guess the best way to describe it is, my bike just seems "happier." Calmer. Strong, but less frantic. I'm sure it was just a coincidence that my low fuel warning light came on only minutes after riding off with the IICE Air "switched on"...

BTW, Poolside, I don't know what you do "for real," but the IICE Air is one professional looking piece of kit. The leads were just the right length for easy installation and the unit takes up almost no room. Plus, swapping settings is as easy as popping off the seat. Count me in on the IICE Cool!
Well heck, JP, thank you. (It's amazing what you can get people to say if you ply them with whiskey and hookers. )

All kidding aside, there's quite a bit of extra horsepower on tap. That's what makes for the stronger acceleration and lighter front wheel. And the added benefit is the power is available where you live, at part throttle and middle RPMs.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation