View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #44
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
The invite reads that the hotel recommended is Mt. Bachelor Village Resort.

Anyone know how this all works? Is Mt. Bachelor Village Resort considered base for the entire rally? Or is it going to be set up somewhere else and the hotel is a recommended location within town. Where are the meals set up? As far as the various rides and events... do they list it on an itinerary after you sign up?

This would be my first KTM Rally, so not sure how /where they organize the day's pre and post events.

I know Bend somewhat, and it's pretty spread out. Where to camp is going to depend on where KTM is setting everything up. Weather starts to get spotty in September too.

I'm thinking about trailering my bike from Southern Cal up to around Shasta/ Redding area, then staging my cage for the return. Can anyone recommend a safe spot for cage with bumper rack for about 5-7 days?

Anyone interested in meeting up in Shasta and then fireroading over to Klamath Falls via Lava Lakes byway, then heading up to Crater Lake. And then fireroading through Diamond Lake, Windigo Pass, Summit Lake, Crescent Lake, Crane Lake, Sunriver along the Deschutes river all on dirt to Century Drive and 7 miles pavement in to Bend?

Last year the recommended hotel was the base for the entire rally. They set up booths in the parking lot for demo rides and some vendors as well.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote