View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Kanook OP
Adventure zymologist

Oddometer: 369
Had a great race today. Felt great for the first 42 miles picking off rider after rider and came into the pits, took a little fuel, ate half a granola bar and headed of for the second loop which was 32 ish I think. Second loop sent us into the sand. I like the sand. Was able to pick a few more off but was starting to feel the burn. I just kept a comfortable pace and focused on the finish. I had been swapping spots with another rider in my class from about mid way on the first lap and was able to pass him in the sand on the second loop but as soon as it got back into the rocky hard pack he got me back. I knew I was doing good so my main concern was not getting a flat in the rocks and just finishing. I was able to catch my competition in the final sand wash and made my move. I went passed him and jumped out of the wash and could see the pits. I got over the bars and pinned it to the checkered flag.
2nd place in my 40+ amateur class. I couldn't be happier. I rode smooth and had no get offs. Over all postings will be available later.
Attached Images

'71 SL100 custom
'65 cb160
Kanook is offline   Reply With Quote