View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #41
tommerup
Pauli

Oddometer: 27
Thumb

Whoaaa guys, I was one off the guys on an LC8 , doing the adventure class, and will give you my opinion on the driving..
The Adventure and race routes are the same. No difference there, only difference is that in the adventure you can take the asfalt (where possible) instead off doing the whole course, and you do not have a time limit.

The driving is not that hard on a big twin iff you are an experienced rider. My riding buddy (on a Yamaha XT660Z Tenere) and I "only" missed 4-5 CPs. Off course it is easier on a small bike, but iff you only have a big one, well go on that. I agree with Jose about the diffuculty, about 10% are technical, the rest is just fun ;o)

And dont believe what Jose is saying about my size...... Im only a little overweight ;o)

Starting after the race class cars was not so bad, especially on the last half there was not many cars left. Most off the cars were very consideret and would let us pass as soon as they saw us...

Generally everybody participating in the rally are (were) very freindly and helpful, especially after sharing a few beers ;o)

All that Jose has mentioned about the organisation, I will second! They did a really good job, off course there is room for improvement but overall, thumbs up from here.

Jiri is putting in a huge effort (and a lot off money) to make this happen and deserves all the credit he can get!

Looking forward to see what they brew up for 2013 ;o)

If your thinking about going and wondering iff your going to get your moneys worth, stop worrying and get on with it, its a really good experience!

tommerup screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 11:24 AM
tommerup is offline   Reply With Quote