View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #44
Ferrys
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
1. We are moving to an all inclusive price structure. The entry fees next year will cover all accommodation in Marocco, Mauritania and Senegal, as well as the ferry crossing for both vehicles and participants. No more searching for spare change to pay for the bivouac, basically you are responsible for food and gas and we will take care of the rest.

2. The rules and regulations for the race category have been clarified to provide for more fair and competitive contest. Some of the highlights include mandatory special section start and finish, point deductions for missing the control points and elimination of vehicle substitutions.

3. The adventure class is moving to a more relaxed, non competitive format more suitable for long distance touring enthusiasts with limited off road experience and less capable vehicles. The adventure route will follow the bivouac to bivouac route assigned to service vehicles with some optional sections in easier terrain. The elimination of ranking will foster a sense of community and allow for sightseeing and discovery along the route.

Pauli, you should enter the Race class and do it in your own tempo. That's what I did. No difference for you.

There are a few changes.

A few good, for racers, like time penalitation for missing a CP. But I do not see the rally maturing the way I would have like to see. Sorry guys.

Ferrys is offline   Reply With Quote