View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #707
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,155
Announcing Backwood's "Boy, you ain't from around here!" Ride

I'm taking the plunge and offering to lead a ride! After two years of riding my KLR on ADVTENN's and BPG's hair raising singletrack rides, I'm bringing the Wee this year and want to ride on a few roads I remember from previous years! So who is willing to follow a flatlander with a Mississippi tag on a bike roaming through the mountains of NC, TN, and VA? ? Luckily I have a buddy coming to help run sweep behind me if anyone chooses to join us!

*all of the below information is subject to change*

SATURDAY ONLY - Depart from in front of Freeborne's front porch KSU @ 8:30 to 8:45AM depending on speed of breakfast service! (I'm a morning person!)

I will be on a Wee and AntiCyclone will be sweeping on a Tiger 1050. We will be moving swiftly at times. I do ask that any rider going with us be comfortable on gravel. Not necessarily at ktmMike speeds, but not a first timer! I will be doing my best to avoid gravel, (99.9% paved) but there are a few mountains we are climbing for the photo ops and scenery that are gravel. if you totally chicken out, you can wait at the bottom cause it is one way up and right back down...

Have pretty much laid out my route with ADVTENN's scouting and will be 200+miles of mountain roads. Part of the reason I want to leave so early is to make sure we have time to do it all and get back for supper. Smaller the group, the better time we make. I'm ready to ride!

More details coming soon or if you have questions, just ask me...

backwoodsKLR screwed with this post 05-02-2012 at 06:08 AM
backwoodsKLR is online now   Reply With Quote