View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #67
Narsisco Lopez
Addlepated

Oddometer: 2,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beema Killa View Post
Hey man, you must have been running this front awhile now. Work out well? This is a complete parts list? I am trying to figure out a high fender for my 2011 right now and this seems like a great option and waaaay cheaper than the kit for the 990 anywhere else.
Thanks.

Sent you a PM about this, but...

2009 + Advs already have reconfigured brake lines, so you don't need all the extra stuff as shown above.

A few weeks ago, I installed the new Acerbis Universal SuperMoto fender*. Wasn't pre-drilled, but that was also pretty simple... marked and drilled in about 10 minutes. Bolts up pretty clean and is solid. At $24 bucks from Motorcycle Superstore ( another $5 to ship) it's a pretty good deal, too.

*Just a placeholder till CJ gets ready to make a carbon fiber front fender/fork guard kit!

In case anyone's interested, I ordered up 4 bolts from a KTM 85 SX fork guard set (ordered the fork guards, too... were back-ordered, but Ron just shipped them today) from KTMTwins.com and used these to mount the fender... fit perfectly.

(KTM Part#59001092050 ~ #92 on the Micro Fiche)

I also ordered a set of the KTM 85 SX fork guards... waiting on the correct black set to arrive, but I already know a custom bracket/adapter will be needed to mount them up solidly. Working on a simple design and will post here when it's complete.
Narsisco Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote