View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_O View Post
Thank You all very much. That's exactly the sort of banter I was hoping for. I now am armed with enough information to at least know what to shop for. We aren't quite ready to attempt to start the bike. We need to change fluids and complete our clean up. My wife (Tracy) is very involved in this bike, as it is hers. The clean up portion of this is actually much more than just cleaning. Tracy is studying her bike as progress moves along. She has been a passenger for many years, but has never owned a bike. This shall be her baptismal...

This pic was taken as soon as the bike was brought home. We've done some cleaning since then. The bike looks pretty stock. Does anyone know why there's a chain which runs from the brake pedal to the front engine mount? Enough for now. Thanks again, Kelly.
Another thing the chain, or sometimes a cable connected between the levers and the frame is to prevent weeds and sticks from getting jammed in between. Especially the brake pedal, which could cause the brake to lock.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote