View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #98
harcus OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,276
Update

I have been working on developing the new headlight system with John at Advmonster. Here is proto no 2 with some small LED turn signals in test. New brackets in test are behind the mask. Seem to work well...

This is at an BLM area west of Salt Lake called Knolls. I'm out here because there is no snow. Not so closer to the mountains. Can you see Wendover? It's only 40 miles away...

The mask extends above the triple clamp about 8 inches. This is enough to provide good wind protection but not so much as to be in the way when riding off road terrain. This height seems to work well on the 990 Adv so I reasoned that it might work here as well. Turns out that, due to the aerodynamic difference of the two bikes, it seems to be better here. No noticeable buffeting...

I installed my 76 CX GPS on the "trampoline" shock mount to verify that it would fit well behind the mask. All is good...

There is plenty of sand at Knolls (it is the Great Salt Lake Desert) to practice your sand riding as well as the new Big Foot kick stand foot. We all know how well the stock KTM feet work in soft terrain. This is a "pull out the old & insert the new" item. Looks good so far...

So far, so good. Back to the shop....

Current rides - '03 ST1300 74k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote