View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
DuctTape OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Hi everyone sorry for th delay but my work is pretty heavy right now between my real job, the lil mule and getting the 1198 and RSV4 ready for the upcoming track season here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
the mule turned into a horse !!!

what can/muffler is that ?
It is in fact the Titanium Remus Rox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete640 View Post
Whats the little computer thingo on the LH bar?
This sir is the controller for the power distribution unit I installed from Arboreal Systems. It controls up to 10 separate circuits.

4 designated heated pulse width modulated circuits with 32 linear steps so you can get just the right amount of heat and when turned down actually do save electricity. (At full on they can be used for other devices like lighting if needed.)

2 Utility circuits. These are really cool when used for lighting because you can actually Dim your Aux lights so they are more friendly to oncoming traffic. (These 2 can also be configured as stepped heated circuits)

There's 1 Rj11 output and 3 USB outputs for charging everything from cell phones, Ipads, etc.

Installation on the 990 works great due to the glove compartment and all the room between the bottom and the intake cover.

The top hole is where I run the Power wire to the battery and the USB cables.

The bottom hole for all the the heated and utility wires. I used Industrial strength velcro to mount the box. Then in order to remove the Glove compartment or Distribution box for maintenance I used a 10/12 AWG 2 pin automotive weatherPak connector.

A couple of cool things about this setup is the ability to not only configure the actual settings/power levels but also the ability to have them set to shut off automatically at a certain time limit after the key is off. You can then power back up with the key or manually by the rider. The box is also smart. The box will shut off all the circuits at a certain battery voltage something that a fuse, switch and relay setup can't do saving you from the dreaded dead battery scenario.

Once you have it configured the way you want it you don't need to use the controller and can remove it from the bars and stuffed in your tank bag, jacket, etc.

I chose to go ahead and still use separate switches (4 on the top mount for heating and 2 on the throttle side of the bar for lighting operated by my thumb) since I tend to ride where the controller is in the way of passing tree branches and the occasional mud pit but for those that ride mainly on the street where I have it mounted (Mirror mount hole) it's not a problem

And for those who want to point out if the box should die you'd loose funtion of all those circuits, That's what an electrical kit, 2 added powerlets are for.
2010 Ducati 1198S

DuctTape screwed with this post 03-07-2012 at 01:06 AM
DuctTape is offline   Reply With Quote