Best 2T bike for dual sporting?
Hope this question wasnt asked before. But my criteria is a little different.
I want to buy a 2-stroke bike that is good with trails and also as a SuperMoto. I am thinking something between 250-500CC stroker.
Some background on me: I have owned a lot of small 2 strokes in my life and the biggest I had was an RD350 LT. I have close to 70,000 kilometers of commuting and light trail experience on strokers.
The things I am looking for in the bike
- Should be good for an easy swap of tires between SuperMoto and Dirt setups.
- Mono-shock. I am sick of riding vintage dual spring shocks
- Automatic 2T oil mix. I dont wanna bother with mixing oil myself everytime.
- Should be decent for commuting and occasional dirt rides. (A good compromise between these two is fine too)
- Taggable in AT LEAST ONE of the CONUS states. I can find a friend thats willing to get it tagged for me in their state.
- Decent fuel mileage would be great, but doesnt really matter. (one of those added advantages things)
- Maintenance, I can do myself mostly but something with solid engine and low maintenance cycles would be better.
WITH GREAT HORSE POWER....... COMES SHITTY GAS MILEAGE .. AND HIGHER INSURANCE PREMIUM....
2007 DR650 SuperMoto with almost all the goodies..(it never ends ya know!)
Take a look at my cool sticker-bombing project
malokam screwed with this post 03-06-2012 at 10:39 PM