View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #1655
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsetBlue View Post
Jumping on this thread after looking at your ebay posting...whats the rumour about this year being the last Heroes Legend? Doing that next year was on my plan
Well, I've heard that from a couple of places... although it might just have been a ruse to get the entry numbers up this year of course!

I think it's a sign of the [financial] times? Heroes-Legend is still just affordable for privateers to enter, but a lot of people are cutting back on expenditure like that, and the bottom line is the organisation need a certain number of entries to cover their costs - the medical helicopter alone costs thousands to run for the duration of the rally. There are also a lot of people involved in the organisation - all of which need to allocate time and effort towards the event - so unless the entries are looking healthy early on, they cannot afford to run the event for just a handful of competitors - goodness knows how the Africa 'Eco' Race keeps going every year?!

However, this year (2012) Heroes-Legend will feature a full-on race class as well as the regulation-rally classes, so it might renew interest in those who have done the event before, or those who feel the 'Dakar' should still go to Dakar, and want to race!

Of course you could just buy the Tenere, call up Patsy and book in for this year?!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote