View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #15002
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,467
Talking Don't Fix Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen View Post
I always wanted to be on 1K page. What should be done on this special occasion? May be a kind of suvey? Letīs say: WHAT SHOULD BE CHANGED ON SRAMBLER IN THE FUTURE?
I personally vote for suspension, improved factory sound (if Ducati can do it, Triumph must be able too), rear break, signals, tail light, rack, luggage, two clock removal, mirrors, rims, triple clamp, headlight efficiency, gear shifter, break pedal, levers, regulator-rctifier & horn location .... generally minor issues. Scrambler is still gorgeous, even in the factory edition.

I don't want Triumph to fix all of the "problems", better that there be stuff for each owner to do to personalize their bikes. I do think that high on the list of changes should be to a headlight that does more than alert oncoming vehicles to your presence, that has to be 'the' glaring safety issue (for anyone that rides after dark). Moving the caliper above the swing arm might be a good choice as well although most of us will never need it changed, it would not have cost them much to do it right to begin with. Most all else is subject to personal preference. I'd like flanged rims but haven't found a 17 yet, a "non-Madona" tail light, better (not loud) sound, improved shocks and mirrors that do not rust overnight. I will get there eventually, after over thinking each step. I do believe that if they are going to ship them still in primer - the price should be less but mine is shiney (although green/silver wasn't my first choice), probably won't be painting unless something unplanned happens.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote