View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #15007
Joe883
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Scrambler does it all

Yes I do Sand, If my 883 Sportster could do it, I know the Scrambler will too. Still have my camping trailer but now, I'll be towing a Hobie Mirage Outfitter kayak on a lightweight Trailex Aluminum trailer. Not far, mostly around Omaha to the various lakes with my daughter. Should be a blast. I used to Tow a Nacra 5.2 Catamaran sailboat with a VW Rabbit Cabriolet. Boat's a lot longer than the car. For added tongue weight I can bolt a rubbermaid medium size tub to it. Put supplies, life jackets, gear in it. Of course this is all theory for now. But with gas prices forcast to spike at $5.00 a gal, why buy a car when I can adapt my Scrambler to do my bidding. And lets be honest who doesnt love the looks of "Are you crazy???' from cagers. I have gotten those when i rode in a blizzard, or it was 10 degrees out, or when I carried my golf clubs on my bike to the course. Golfers heres a tip...Backpack carry bag, turn your irons upside down in the bag, and put on the rain cover. the weight distributes evenly across your shoulders when riding.

Joe
Joe883 is offline   Reply With Quote