View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #369
Pablo83 OP
Sleep, Wrench, Ride
Pablo83's Avatar
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Oddometer: 4,828
Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
In another thread on the ADV forum, there is still an animated discussion as to whether a plated vehicle/bike needs to also have a CO ATV/off-road pass for 'certain' areas/trails. Anything else I need to buy before I head west?
There are many animated discussions about this both on and off the internet. The short version is: this has been in the rule books for many years, but the Forest Service has not enforced it until now.

What it means to you: if you want to ride a trail that is restricted to vehicles less than 50" (side-by-sides, quads, dirt bikes), you should have an OHV tag. Tags are good through the end of March, so if you get one right now, be sure to request a 2013 tag. If your bike is plated and you will stick to jeep trails and roads, you don't need an OHV tag.

And, no, there aren't any other expenses or permits to worry about.

Pablo83 screwed with this post 03-08-2012 at 08:20 AM
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote