View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #226
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodovitch View Post
Just habit I guess... when racing, I look at the next tulip once or twice (ie. 58.43, fork, take left), memorize the 58.43 number (keep repeating to myself like a mantra), so then all I need to do is keep my eye on the odo till it starts approaching the 58.43 mark.

I find it's easier to do that if the odo is on top, makes the transition from looking at the track to looking at the odo easier on the eyes than skipping past the the roadbook every time. Also, you might need to adjust the odo plus or minus: Again, easier if -in my line of vision- the odo is just below the course instead of underneath the roadbook

But hey, that's just my methodology, curious to hear other's as well
Thanks for the response! Like I said before, I've never done a Roadbook event, so I'm hoping to learn a lot at the Mexican 1000. I'm using a Watchdog D/S computer instead of an ICO, the Watchdog screen is much bigger. The numbers are pretty huge actually I figured the Roadbook will have more information, which would mean more time studying it but time will tell. Your comment about watching the ODO roll to the mileage for the next instruction makes sense.