Old 03-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #68
Mike at Tank Vest OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800SSDuc View Post
I think I like the concept.....
Just a helpful hint or 2 though.
Not everyone knows what a MOLLE pouch is and they may not get the concept.
For those who don't know what they are but bother to google it might be scared away when they find places asking $30+ each for even the smallest size pouches. (Maybe give them a link to somewhere selling inexpensive surplus ones or better yet snap up a few cases of common size ones and sell them yourself)
We are in the process of putting together a list of vendors that have Molle gear for reasonable prices. We are also designing application specific pouches that will be offered on our site very soon. Some photos of the 1 liter water bottle carrier are now on our gallery page. We will be expanding on that over the next week as we get photographs of other pouches and accessories.

Our intended line of pouches specific to the Tank Vest will include holsters, cell phone holders, GPS pouches, administrator/map pouches, document pouches, wallet and key pouches among others.

In general terms, pricing for Molle gear can range greatly depending upon the quality of the item, where it was made, and the materials used. We recommend US made material made to US military specifications. While it may cost a bit more, you as the consumer can be assured that it will last a very, very long time.

Mike

2006 KLR 650, 1988 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200, 1980 KLX 250
www.tankvest.com
Mike at Tank Vest is offline   Reply With Quote