View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #45
kobukan OP
almost gnarly

Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Wow - You are pretty good at this adventure stuff!

I like your travel kit. Mine is similar, but I don't have a hard case for my tools, spares and such. I put my camp gear in one wolfman bag, and clothing in the other. My rear duffel has the tent poles, tools, spares and maybe my jacket liner. Not really a good combo. I have my little doodads, extra gloves, camera etc in a tank bag. I like your set-up better. Not sure my tale plate would hold a pelican, though. I'll look into it. Obviously, my Wolfan bags are stuffed alot taller than yours. Sort of clumsy travelling.

Great report. Hope you get to make another trip out there before it gets too hot.
Actually, I usually don't use a rear hard case, but this bike came with one. I didn't think I'd like it and almost removed it without even trying it, but I decided to give it a try since it was there and I ended up loving it. It's rugged, waterproof, lockable, holds quite a bit of stuff and is easy to access. On my bikes back in Maine I use an additional dry bag on the rear instead of the hard case - not as neat, but it works. I'm a big fan of tank bags - have them on all my bikes except the DR650's. I use a small Wolfman Enduro tank bag on my DR350, but when I tried putting it on the 650 there just didn't seem to be enough room for it. Seemed a little odd, but it just didn't work for me. The stuff I'd usually put in the tank bag fit just fine in my jacket pockets.
A Few Days Solo in Baja
kobukan is offline   Reply With Quote