View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
MaddBrit OP
Now officially a Yank.

Oddometer: 23,374
Thumb Bay Area - 5 Stars to Ted Porters Beemershop!

Guys,

I recently called CalBMW to book my GS Adventure in for a 12K service. First shock was they were booked solid for 5 weeks - second shock was the price - $560 + tax.

WTF.

Dick on this site recommended Ted Porter to me who has recently started the independant 'Beemershop' in Scotts Valley, CA, just outside of Santa Cruz. Ted quoted $300 - and was prepared to come and get my bike with his trailer (60 miles each way) at no extra charge (I did give him some $$$ towards the gas - although he did not ask for it). Ted used to be service manager at both San Jose BMW and also at Watsonville prior to setting up on his own recently. He has been a 'wrench' for over 25 years and clearly has a passion for the BMW brand.

I decided to have all the ABS system drained and refreshed at the same time as I have a big roadtrip planned shortly, and also opted for a change to synthetic oil. FYI Ted does the ABS brake fluid replacement for just $99! I picked my GS up today (he would have delivered it next week but I needed it for a ride tomorrow).

The GS is honestly running better than it ever has! I cant say how impressed I am with the service - its outstanding. Ted took the time to run over everything he did on the service (inc throttle sync etc), and also provided a 2 page service data sheet which shows all the values of the brake pads, valve and torque settings on everything from the drain plug to the locknut on the valve adjusting screw.

I only went to Ted as I couldnt get an appointment with Cal and was also put off by the high price tag.

Not only did Ted carry out an excellent job but I also saved over $200 over the BMW dealer.

I can highly recommend this guy - and before you ask I am not linked with Ted or the Beemershop in any way. I just want to share my positive experience with the rest of YFF's.

Go to:
www.beemershop.com

(FYI the picture of the GS on his homepage is mine - tied up alongside an old slash 2 that he was picking up from San Fran).

Teds number:
831 438 1100

MaddBrit screwed with this post 09-10-2005 at 04:04 PM
MaddBrit is online now   Reply With Quote