View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #94
Jim K in PA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4321 View Post
Sure, now that I'm no longer involved in the Delaware region all you guys start showing up. Where were you when I needed you dammit?
Back on page 2 or 3 there are some pics from your neighborhood Jim. Not sure what the name of the road was but it turns west off 715 just south of T-Ville and turns from pavement to dirt in a few miles. There's a memorial to some kid that was murdered by the stone bridge crossing the creek. I did find a power line to ride out that way but I couldn't go very far on it.

I well recognized the old one room school house on 715 that you posted a pic of. It is right near Sunset Hill.

The road you turned off of heading west from 715 may have been Mountain Road. Did you turn by a church? Pass the Mountain Road Feed Store? I live in an old farm house on a small side road off of Mountain road, so you passed within a half mile of my house. The dirt/gravel section is part of Hypsy Gap road, and cuts through the State Game Lands. The memorial you saw is for Lee Van Luvender. Lee was shot during hunting season by an unkown person about 3 years ago. There is a $10k reward still offered for info leading to the capture of his murderer. My oldest son went to school with Lee's youngest sister. Where I live is a pretty close-knit area. The invasion from NY that occurred after 9-11 has changed much of the region.
<---clicky

1975 BMW R90S Hack - Olga
Olga's story - adopted 3/22/14<---clicky
Jim K in PA is offline   Reply With Quote