View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 04:14 AM   #1665
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,260
OK... just a quick 2013 update... (btw. this thread has had over 240,000 views now - mega! - maybe I'll call time when it hits 250,000 xx)

This last week I sold the 'spare' WR450, and have taken a deposit on the Tenere - the new owner will be collecting it next month on his return from Afghanistan...

Both bikes have gone to a great home, but more importantly, I now essentially have my entry fee for Dakar 2013 covered - so it is all systems go, come mid-May when the entries traditionally open.

In the meantime, along with a complete rebuild of the race bike (new thread to start soon, I promise!), I am working on the revamp of the www.jennydakar.com website (the link is to the current version - plenty to see in the gallery section if you've not already visited), and once I have secured some merchandise from sponsors, the new web-shop will be up and running with hopefully a wider range of team gear, together with the 2013 campaign supporter's swag-packs!

It's going to be an uphill struggle mind you, as this year I don't have the buffer of any personal savings - so if anyone can (or knows anyone who can) help out with stuff like service consumables/tyres/airmiles and stuff like that I would be eternally grateful - please do get in touch through a PM here or via email on the website...

Lima here we come Piglet - yea!

Jenny xx
JMo (& piglet) is online now   Reply With Quote