View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #113
TroyWolf
Safety 3rd

Oddometer: 443
Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderTheX View Post
This one had a couple puny signs indicating no admittance. Could be some crazy trail down there! (or someone's house!)

It was marked by a relatively clean looking piece of tape so me thinks someone has been down there recently!

This looks very much like what I call "Indian Creek Trail", and I was very sad to see the AR Fish & Game closure signs. That dept has gotten very active in the area closing off trails that have significant creek crossings. Probably some endangered salamander or something.

Before the closure, I have tracks from various trips that include parts of this trail. One of them comes down from the top (North where I think your photo is) and dead ends--I don't recall why I dead-ended. The other track I have comes up from the South, and I remember it being very remote and rugged with significant creek crossings. I do remember that afternoon--I turned around because it was almost dark and we had to get out of the forest--could not risk the several miles of unknown--we had already come to a couple of dead-ends down there. The Ozark Highlands Trail runs through that valley, too. I was really looking forward to another trip with plans to explore Indian Creek and connect those 2 sections of trail....but then the closure signs. Really sad.
Arkansas OHV Conservation Assoc.RideForum.NETAMA #1009541 ■ BlueRibbon #42185 ■ 11 BMW F800GS ■ 09 Honda CRF 50 ■ 07 KTM 450 EXC ■ 99 KTM 300 EXC
TroyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote