View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #107
L.B.S.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,158
Has anyone heard of a single instance of a US model F800S or ST tank ever cracking? I haven't. They use the same charcoal cannister and emissions system (albeit in a different location, but all the parts are still there)

There have been many instances reported of stall outs and poor running due to plugged up cannisters and so on, but no cracks ever appearing. (like I say, that I know of)

So. Either the material, the shape, or the parts used ie: the pressure/vacuum valves, have something subtley different enough to do this.

If the hoses, and pressure/vacuum valve thingies are the same as the S and ST models, the CC itself is identical, then it boils down to if the tank material or construction requirements are changed, or the actual shape of the thing.

Also the newer R models are different, both US and Euro, but again, no instances of cracking has been heard of by me.

Maybe the plastic just can't be molded in the specific shape needed on the GS. Too sharp bends or something. There is a slot molded into the top of the GS tanks for a frame brace that is not present on the S, ST and R models.

L.B.S. screwed with this post 03-18-2012 at 11:39 AM
L.B.S. is online now   Reply With Quote