View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #116
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,667
I agree with HTCA above..... The valve is not needed. .....But I want to add this function that I mentioned way back in this thread.... When a very small suction is applied against the arrow on the valve..( away from the tank) the valve opens full up..... Something inside displaces the ball when suction is applied... When I found this ..... it threw me for a loop... Not really making sense of that. The only way this could occur is when your purge valve is opened by the zfe and vacuum is applied to the CC to combust the fumes.... If the vent ( with or without the t modification) is plugged effectively plugging the CC, as with a gas infused CC....... that vacuum will now travel up the line and fully open the valve.....and now suck fuel in from the tank.....etc.... I experimented with reinstalling the valve in my CC'less bike......and it is somehow minimizing the odor in the garage....and the tank has no overpressure.... But I believe that if a component is not needed.....it'l be removed...... So will this soon.... It was not much more fumes...without the valve.....

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote