Thread: The Grand Rally
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #166
HogWild OP
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
Earlier in the thread you suggested you would one day later consider opening up the GPS tracks for all. I implore you not to.
What? I already posted GPS tracks. Just look at this image that I posted earlier. Those are GPS tracks! With your Google Earth skills, you should be able to figure out exactly where those tracks are and go ride them without me even knowing! I'm fulfilling my GPS tracks promise right here!

Quote:
One of my other past times is caving, in particular surveying & mapping caves which I guess is why I like rally so much too.
To do the mapping, do you record every twist and turn in those caves with your GPS?

Quote:
What an amazing, inspiring project. I'm going to try the same thing here in Peru.
Last I heard you were laying out rally routes in South Africa. What's the compass heading from there to your Peru tracks, so we can do a short little HP to link them together?

Quote:
I disagree - we don't need crutches - its against the spirit of a rally. If we get lost then we deserve to get lost.
Are you volunteering to be the first to test the roadbook? I guess if there's a mistake, at least we won't have to listen to you bitching about it!

HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote